Monday, October 30, 2006

The one where Chad talks about hunting.

I like to write. I like to work on Laptops, do video stuff, use Linux and read.

I also Hunt.

Here are some notes on yesterday's opening day.

I have exactly 5 rounds of ammunition at my house. I count them before I leave and I count them when I come back. I have had the same 5 rounds for probably 5 years. They might not even work any more. The only deer I'll be getting will be a very old one that may already be dying when I find him.

My daughter was given a gun lock by a game warden who visited her summer school class. I am in full support of gun locks and responsible gun ownership. However. I am in bigger support of remembering where I put stuff such as the keys to the gun lock. I had to cut the lock off with an angle grinder.

I'm never going to be able to skulk. I am not stealthy. I saw one deer during legal hunting hours. I saw him 2 seconds after he saw me. The big fluffy white tail on a deer is animal symbol for "Ha ha, kiss my ass, dope".

The last place I sat was on top of a small hill overlooking a well used trail. I sat and watched a red squirrel sit on a tree branch and eat some flora. He was quiet and I was glad for that. When I got up, I put my hand right down in some kind of creature shit. It was black, greasy and smelled awful. I think it was the squirrels.

No comments: