Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The one where Chad is still sick and once again posts a stinker

Tuesday, 17th 2006

I'm having a hard time finding anything to write about. I'm at the point where I have been tempted to write about people I work with. Good idea? No, It'll get me fired. Just let it be known that the reason I don't write about work or the people at work is that it will get me fired.

I'm also tempted to write about politics. Maine is having a Gubernatorial election this year. Let me just say this about the candidates. They are all equally uninteresting and uninspiring. None of them claim to want to do anything outstanding. They all speak with the same words, just in different order. Here's why I don't dig on politics. The people you'd like to see running for office are not the type of people to want power in the first place.

I think we should have the same governmental structure we have now, but I think we should fill all the slots with a lottery. Kind of a political draft. Picture this, you get a letter in the mail. “Congratulations, you've been chosen to be president. This offer not valid until signed. “

A computer could spit out the entire government in a few seconds. Someone sends off the letters and wham, a random sampling of every walk of life. Some with high school educations, some with no education, some completely devoid of all cognitive ability. I'm sure we would run into problems where people who were dead, family pets or prisoners would be selected. Of course people would get sick of it and half the government would go home because we have a lazy populace. Whatever, that stuff happens. It's a beautiful picture. One that makes me weep. Weep on ye political dreamer. Weep on.

No comments: